The multidisciplinary staff at Baylor Scott & White, which includes psychiatrists, psychologists and licensed professional counselors, offers:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Couples therapy
- Family therapy
- Cognitive therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral strategies
- Study skill and classroom accommodations, as well as consultation with campus and community agencies to ease
- Cognitive-behavioral intervention for binge or compulsive overeating
- Cognitive-behavioral intervention for sleep problems
- Chronic pain management techniques for headaches, arthritis and other medical conditions
- Stress management related to medical problems
- Differential diagnosis of psychiatric impairment/illness neurologic injury/impairment/illness
- Documentation of residual neurocognitive and neurobehavioral deficits related to acquired or congenital neurologic changes
- Assessment and interventions for memory loss, communication problems, attention/concentration difficulties and other cognitive deficits
- Health behavior change and motivation enhancement
- Pre- and post-surgical psychological evaluations to guide treatment and provide follow-up related to adjustment needs:
- Surgical weight loss evaluations
- Pain surgery evaluations
- Cardiac surgery evaluations
- Deep brain stimulation evaluations
- Transplant evaluations- heart and kidney, left ventricular assist device (LVAD)
Inpatient Mental Health Services
At select locations, we offer inpatient psychiatry treatment.
With the new age of remote work and service, hospital telepsychiatry sits on the cutting-edge of psychiatric consultation accessibility. In 2019, a small team of Baylor Scott & White Health physicians and administrators developed a comprehensive, system-wide psychiatric consultation program using encrypted and uninterrupted telecommunications modalities.
Today, our distinguished program provides remote access to six senior, highly-experienced psychiatrists—including two subspecialized in child psychiatry. Our team delivers an uncompromising level of quality psychiatric consultation to 25 Baylor Scott & White Health affiliates.
Although our current outreach entails numerous facilities within North Texas, Central Texas and the Austin areas, our expansion is not over. We plan to serve hospital wards and ICUs within the Temple campus and more emergency departments within our satellite hospitals. We desire to expand this program to underserved areas, busy hospital wards and emergency departments to reach communities in dire need of psychiatric consultation and provide our physicians and clinicians a lifeline to accessible psychiatric consultation in real-time.
Substance Abuse Services
In addition to individual therapy, we offer intensive outpatient group therapy for adults. This program provides support and structure of a 12-step treatment program to help your patients maintain their sobriety.